A frightening junction
SIR - On many occasions I have had difficulty crossing the Westleigh junction, mainly coming from Westleigh to cross the junction to head for Bideford. On two occasions I came very close to having a collision with cars turning from the Barnstaple direct
SIR - On many occasions I have had difficulty crossing the Westleigh junction, mainly coming from Westleigh to cross the junction to head for Bideford.
On two occasions I came very close to having a collision with cars turning from the Barnstaple direction and driving straight across without consideration for drivers waiting to cross from the other direction and vice versa.
On another occasion very recently another driver obviously thought she had right of way while I thought I did. We both started to drive across at the same time and I had to break to avoid colliding with her.
It is a very frightening junction and at the very least signs should be placed to say who has right of way. If even the police are confused is it any wonder that everyone else is. Putting traffic lights up or a roundabout would be money well spent. You cannot put a price on life and it would be a third of the costs involved when an accident does happen. Just do it.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Whatley, West Yelland.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 3 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes