A frightening junction
SIR - On many occasions I have had difficulty crossing the Westleigh junction, mainly coming from Westleigh to cross the junction to head for Bideford. On two occasions I came very close to having a collision with cars turning from the Barnstaple direct
SIR - On many occasions I have had difficulty crossing the Westleigh junction, mainly coming from Westleigh to cross the junction to head for Bideford.
On two occasions I came very close to having a collision with cars turning from the Barnstaple direction and driving straight across without consideration for drivers waiting to cross from the other direction and vice versa.
On another occasion very recently another driver obviously thought she had right of way while I thought I did. We both started to drive across at the same time and I had to break to avoid colliding with her.
It is a very frightening junction and at the very least signs should be placed to say who has right of way. If even the police are confused is it any wonder that everyone else is. Putting traffic lights up or a roundabout would be money well spent. You cannot put a price on life and it would be a third of the costs involved when an accident does happen. Just do it.
Mrs Whatley, West Yelland.
- 1 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 2 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 3 Council forms group to tackle North Devon housing crisis
- 4 Holsworthy link mental health centre looks set to close permanently
- 5 New recycled plastic tables installed at Victoria Park
- 6 Loud music man fined after breaching official order
- 7 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 8 Heddon Valley crowned top of winter walks table
- 9 RGB's North Devon branches helping others this Christmas
- 10 North Devon MP encourages community to go 'one step greener'