A frightening junction
SIR - On many occasions I have had difficulty crossing the Westleigh junction, mainly coming from Westleigh to cross the junction to head for Bideford. On two occasions I came very close to having a collision with cars turning from the Barnstaple direct
SIR - On many occasions I have had difficulty crossing the Westleigh junction, mainly coming from Westleigh to cross the junction to head for Bideford.
On two occasions I came very close to having a collision with cars turning from the Barnstaple direction and driving straight across without consideration for drivers waiting to cross from the other direction and vice versa.
On another occasion very recently another driver obviously thought she had right of way while I thought I did. We both started to drive across at the same time and I had to break to avoid colliding with her.
It is a very frightening junction and at the very least signs should be placed to say who has right of way. If even the police are confused is it any wonder that everyone else is. Putting traffic lights up or a roundabout would be money well spent. You cannot put a price on life and it would be a third of the costs involved when an accident does happen. Just do it.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Whatley, West Yelland.
- 1 Speeding driver facing jail after 'web of lies'
- 2 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 3 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 6 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 7 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 8 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 9 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 10 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics