A frightening junction
SIR - On many occasions I have had difficulty crossing the Westleigh junction, mainly coming from Westleigh to cross the junction to head for Bideford. On two occasions I came very close to having a collision with cars turning from the Barnstaple direct
SIR - On many occasions I have had difficulty crossing the Westleigh junction, mainly coming from Westleigh to cross the junction to head for Bideford.
On two occasions I came very close to having a collision with cars turning from the Barnstaple direction and driving straight across without consideration for drivers waiting to cross from the other direction and vice versa.
On another occasion very recently another driver obviously thought she had right of way while I thought I did. We both started to drive across at the same time and I had to break to avoid colliding with her.
It is a very frightening junction and at the very least signs should be placed to say who has right of way. If even the police are confused is it any wonder that everyone else is. Putting traffic lights up or a roundabout would be money well spent. You cannot put a price on life and it would be a third of the costs involved when an accident does happen. Just do it.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Whatley, West Yelland.
- 1 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 4 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 7 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 8 Barnstaple flood prevention scheme at least two years away
- 9 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone