A crying shame
Where have all the flowers gone?
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dearie me
What is this frightful sight I see?
As I walk on I shake my head
Was this once a flower bed?
You may also want to watch:
As I look close, yes, it was indeed
It’s now a home for trash and weed
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted
Everywhere I look it’s all the same
What a crying, crying, crying shame.
As I walk on, something to dispel my gloom
A superb laburnum in full bloom
That’s my only nice surprise
Is that a tear drop in my eyes?
I wonder is this all a scene
To turn our white town into green.
No money for park? Then please explain
Jubilee Square and mayor’s chain!
As I pass Charles Kingsley
I wonder what he would write
About his little white town
And its present plight.