A crying shame
Where have all the flowers gone?
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dearie me
What is this frightful sight I see?
As I walk on I shake my head
Was this once a flower bed?
You may also want to watch:
As I look close, yes, it was indeed
It’s now a home for trash and weed
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 9 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 10 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
Everywhere I look it’s all the same
What a crying, crying, crying shame.
As I walk on, something to dispel my gloom
A superb laburnum in full bloom
That’s my only nice surprise
Is that a tear drop in my eyes?
I wonder is this all a scene
To turn our white town into green.
No money for park? Then please explain
Jubilee Square and mayor’s chain!
As I pass Charles Kingsley
I wonder what he would write
About his little white town
And its present plight.