A crying shame
Where have all the flowers gone?
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dearie me
What is this frightful sight I see?
As I walk on I shake my head
Was this once a flower bed?
As I look close, yes, it was indeed
It’s now a home for trash and weed
- 1 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 2 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 3 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 4 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 5 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 6 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 7 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 8 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 9 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 10 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
Everywhere I look it’s all the same
What a crying, crying, crying shame.
As I walk on, something to dispel my gloom
A superb laburnum in full bloom
That’s my only nice surprise
Is that a tear drop in my eyes?
I wonder is this all a scene
To turn our white town into green.
No money for park? Then please explain
Jubilee Square and mayor’s chain!
As I pass Charles Kingsley
I wonder what he would write
About his little white town
And its present plight.