A chance to carry the Paralympic Flame
Still time to nominate teams and individuals to fulfil special duty.
SUPERMARKET customers are being urged to nominate teams or individuals to be a part of the London 2012 Paralympic Torch Relay.
Sainsbury’s has launched a nationwide campaign to find 100 torch bearers to carry the Paralympic Flame in a relay taking place overnight from August 28 to 29.
South Molton store manager Naomi Davis said: “We’re looking for nominations of people who have really made a difference by inspiring those around them.
“To have the opportunity of carrying the Paralympic Flame and help launch this year’s games really would be a great honour for an individual or team from South Molton.”
You may also want to watch:
The deadline for public nominations is on February 14. For more information, pick up a leaflet in-store, telephone (01299) 382074 or visit www.sainsburys.co.uk/paralympictorchrelay
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 8 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 9 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl