A chance to carry the Paralympic Flame
Still time to nominate teams and individuals to fulfil special duty.
SUPERMARKET customers are being urged to nominate teams or individuals to be a part of the London 2012 Paralympic Torch Relay.
Sainsbury’s has launched a nationwide campaign to find 100 torch bearers to carry the Paralympic Flame in a relay taking place overnight from August 28 to 29.
South Molton store manager Naomi Davis said: “We’re looking for nominations of people who have really made a difference by inspiring those around them.
“To have the opportunity of carrying the Paralympic Flame and help launch this year’s games really would be a great honour for an individual or team from South Molton.”
You may also want to watch:
The deadline for public nominations is on February 14. For more information, pick up a leaflet in-store, telephone (01299) 382074 or visit www.sainsburys.co.uk/paralympictorchrelay
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs