A celebration of apples at Rosemoor
THE RHS Garden Rosemoor at Torrington will celebrate its famous Apple Day on Sunday, October 11. Organised in conjunction with Thornhayes Nursery with assistance from the South West Area Fruit Group, this year s festival will have something for everyone
THE RHS Garden Rosemoor at Torrington will celebrate its famous Apple Day on Sunday, October 11. Organised in conjunction with Thornhayes Nursery with assistance from the South West Area Fruit Group, this year's festival will have something for everyone!
There will also be the chance to savour mouth watering apple-inspired dishes as Chef's Corner take to the stage to provide cookery demonstrations throughout the day. Chef's Corner is a collective of talented chefs working in the Torridge District who are keen to promote healthy eating, eating on a budget and locally sourced food.
This year marks the bicentenary of the Bramley apple, and RHS Garden Rosemoor is one of the lucky 200 places to receive a cutting from the original tree and keep the Bramley tradition alive. Alan French, Master of the Worshipful Company of Fruiterers will be planting the Bramley Tree at 2 pm.
You may also want to watch:
A variety of events will be held during the day including apple planting and cultivation, guided tours of the Fruit and Vegetable Garden, apple tasting, an apple advice desk, apple displays, apple identification and children's activities and trails.
Rosemoor's events supervisor, Diana Gilding has organised Apple Day for the last six years. She says "Apple Day is always hugely popular as it offers visitors an opportunity to talk to experts about anything and everything to do with apples! With so many interesting and exciting things to do, this is a great event for the whole family to enjoy!"
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 6 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 7 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 8 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 9 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 10 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
To carry on the apple theme, the English Apple Art Exhibition, featuring watercolours by Rosie Sanders, is being held from Saturday 3 - Sunday 18 October (11am - 4pm).
For a full programme of the day's events, call Rosemoor Events on 01805 626800.