A celebration dinner for cancer charity
SIR - The North Devon branch of CLICSargent was set up 23 years ago to raise funds to help children and their families through the trauma of cancer and leukaemia. The charity at this time was CLIC, Cancer and Leukaemia in Childhood, a small charity ba
SIR - The North Devon branch of CLICSargent was set up 23 years ago to raise funds to help children and their families through the trauma of cancer and leukaemia.
The charity at this time was CLIC, Cancer and Leukaemia in Childhood, a small charity based in the South West and started by Bob Woodward, a builder from Bristol, in 1976.
In 2005 the CLIC charity merged with the Malcolm Sargent charity, a U.K. based charity Caring for Children with Cancer, to form the present leading Cancer charity for children, CLICSargent.
In those 23 years the North Devon branch has raised �1 million, a target reached in July this year. To celebrate this tremendous achievement by the folk of North Devon, the branch is holding a celebration dinner at the restaurant of St John's Garden Centre in Newport, at 7.30pm on Thursday November 19 for all those connected with CLIC and CLICSargent over the years. The cost of the three-course meal is �18.
You may also want to watch:
The branch would love to hear from anyone in the region who would like to join us at this celebration. Tickets are available for Mrs June Wright on (01271) 329717, or from Ivan Huxtable on (01769) 540835.
There is a limit of 120 in the restaurant so I am sure we will reach this total very quickly.
- 1 Speeding driver facing jail after 'web of lies'
- 2 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 3 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 6 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 7 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 8 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 9 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 10 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
Alison Bull the charity fund-raising manager for Devon and Cornwall, will be putting out a full press release. My task is to inform as many CLICSargent supporters as possible. Many thanks.