A baffling assault
The children’s play park in the quiet village of Landkey is a wonderful facility designed for the under-12s.
It is a place where children could safely play, but all that changed recently when J, a quiet, serious-minded 11-year-old boy, went there with his football intending to have a kickabout.
Sadly, that didn’t happen for he was approached by two or possibly three late teenagers who took his ball and proceeded to hit and kick him.
This ended when these cowards took off with the football.
That an episode like this could take place and one wonders what prompts mindless idiots to attack someone half their size.
You may also want to watch:
The police have been informed and, when caught, the offenders will be dealt with in the appropriate manner. This, in my opinion, is as it should be for the assault of a minor I believe to be a criminal offence.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 3 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 4 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure