A baffling assault
The children’s play park in the quiet village of Landkey is a wonderful facility designed for the under-12s.
It is a place where children could safely play, but all that changed recently when J, a quiet, serious-minded 11-year-old boy, went there with his football intending to have a kickabout.
Sadly, that didn’t happen for he was approached by two or possibly three late teenagers who took his ball and proceeded to hit and kick him.
This ended when these cowards took off with the football.
That an episode like this could take place and one wonders what prompts mindless idiots to attack someone half their size.
You may also want to watch:
The police have been informed and, when caught, the offenders will be dealt with in the appropriate manner. This, in my opinion, is as it should be for the assault of a minor I believe to be a criminal offence.
- 1 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 2 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Exhibition celebrates North Devon in 100 objects