A baffling assault
The children’s play park in the quiet village of Landkey is a wonderful facility designed for the under-12s.
It is a place where children could safely play, but all that changed recently when J, a quiet, serious-minded 11-year-old boy, went there with his football intending to have a kickabout.
Sadly, that didn’t happen for he was approached by two or possibly three late teenagers who took his ball and proceeded to hit and kick him.
This ended when these cowards took off with the football.
That an episode like this could take place and one wonders what prompts mindless idiots to attack someone half their size.
You may also want to watch:
The police have been informed and, when caught, the offenders will be dealt with in the appropriate manner. This, in my opinion, is as it should be for the assault of a minor I believe to be a criminal offence.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 3 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 4 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 5 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 8 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl