3D zebra crossing. Yay or nay?
- Credit: Archant
Would you like to see a 3D zebra crossing in your area?
County council bosses are watching out for the outcome of a trial testing out the UK’s first 3D crossing and, if it is a success, it may look to bring them to Devon.
The optical illusion, which creates a floating effect, has been introduced in London by Westminster City Council as part of a 12-month trial. The move follows the creation of similar schemes in other countries.
Councillor Stuart Hughes, Devon County Council’s cabinet member for Highways said: “I’m following the 3D crossing trial in North London with interest.
“The outcome will help us decide if a similar trial should be conducted in Devon.”
You may also want to watch:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us what you think. Do you think it is a good idea? Would you like to see this in your area.
- 1 Speeding driver facing jail after 'web of lies'
- 2 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 3 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 4 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 5 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 6 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 7 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 8 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 9 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 10 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics