16 month ban for driver who rolled his car on A388
- Credit: Archant
Police found car ‘on its roof’
A driver who rolled his car on the A388 to Holsworthy has been banned for 16 months.
Ryan Dooley, 18, of Heavitree was handed the driving ban at North Devon Magistrates’ Court on Friday after writing off his car following ‘four or five pints’.
Police were called to a road traffic accident in the early hours of the morning of November 20, where they found Dooley’s car on its roof. No other cars were involved and nobody was seriously injured.
Dooley did, however, receive a knock to the head which defence solicitor Jen Law said meant he had ‘no recollection of the crash’ and he ‘thought he hadn’t been driving’.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Law added that Dooley was ‘very sorry to find himself in court’.
Dooley was also fined £250 and ordered to pay £85 costs and a £25 victim surcharge.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton