16 month ban for driver who rolled his car on A388
- Credit: Archant
Police found car ‘on its roof’
A driver who rolled his car on the A388 to Holsworthy has been banned for 16 months.
Ryan Dooley, 18, of Heavitree was handed the driving ban at North Devon Magistrates’ Court on Friday after writing off his car following ‘four or five pints’.
Police were called to a road traffic accident in the early hours of the morning of November 20, where they found Dooley’s car on its roof. No other cars were involved and nobody was seriously injured.
Dooley did, however, receive a knock to the head which defence solicitor Jen Law said meant he had ‘no recollection of the crash’ and he ‘thought he hadn’t been driving’.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Law added that Dooley was ‘very sorry to find himself in court’.
Dooley was also fined £250 and ordered to pay £85 costs and a £25 victim surcharge.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 World’s Biggest Macmillan Coffee Morning backed by North Devon MP
- 9 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 10 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal