�100,000 boost for Ilfracombe skate park plan
NORTH Devon Council s Executive agreed �100,000 of funding towards the construction of a skate park for Ilfracombe. Companies will now be invited to come forward with their plans of how they could create a skating facility at the former BMX track at L
NORTH Devon Council's Executive agreed �100,000 of funding towards the construction of a skate park for Ilfracombe.
Companies will now be invited to come forward with their plans of how they could create a skating facility at the former BMX track at Larkstone.
The Transform neighbourhood management programme also secured an additional �56,000 from the Youth Opportunities Fund through their 'Concrete Surfers Federation'.
Lead Member for Community Development Councillor Dick Jones said: "There is a real shortage of facilities for our young people in Ilfracombe. A new skate park will give them somewhere safe and secure to go, allowing them to have fun at the same time.
You may also want to watch:
"Consultations with the local community have already been carried out by the Concrete Surfers Federation, and Larkstone is the favoured location. So all we need to do now is find someone to come and turn these dreams into reality."
Expert concrete skate park specialists who can design and build a skate park are encouraged to contact Community Development Officer Hannah Harrington for more information. Telephone 01271 388862 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 6 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 7 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 8 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip