Martinhoe computer fire

Joseph Bulmer

A man and a woman required treatment for smoke inhalation when a fire involving a computer terminal broke out in a property at Martinhoe, Parracombe, this morning (Friday). Fire appliances from Lynton and Combe Martin attended and found the building heavi

A man and a woman required treatment for smoke inhalation when a fire involving a computer terminal broke out in a property at Martinhoe, Parracombe, this morning (Friday).

Fire appliances from Lynton and Combe Martin attended and found the building heavily smoke logged.

They wore breathing apparatus to tackle the electrical fire, which was in the airing cupboard on the first floor.

The fire crews ventilated the property and made an inspection to ensure it was safe.

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.

News