Win tickets to see Tony Christie in Barnstaple
We have a pair of tickets to give away for Tony Christie and his Musicians at the Queen’s Theatre in Barnstaple, on Thursday, June 30, at 7.45pm.
Tony Christie has had top twenty hits all around the world with “Las Vegas”, “I Did What I Did For Maria”, “Avenues And Alleyways”, W”alk Like A Panther”, “Every Word She Said” and, of course, “Is This the Way to Amarillo?”, which sold over one and a half million copies. On its re-release on March 14, 2005, to raise money for the Comic Relief charity, it reached number one for seven weeks with the biggest sales for a number one for the year and is still the biggest selling single of the century!
Tony Christie’s UK tour celebrates his 50th anniversary in music and the release of his new album, “Now’s The Time!”
Released through Acid Jazz Records, “Now’s The Time!” sees Tony Christie going back to his soulful, musical roots, featuring collaborations with Jarvis Cocker and Roisin Murphy amongst others. The album picks up from where the critically acclaimed Made In Sheffield (2008) left off.
His live shows will showcase tracks from “Now’s The Time!” along with all the hits and songs that Tony Christie is synonymous with.
You may also want to watch:
To enter the competition, simply answer the following question:
For which charity was Tony Christie’s hit “Is This the Way to Amarillo?” re-releasedin 2005?
- 1 Two vehicle crash near South Molton – Link Road blocked
- 2 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 3 'Smash and grab' robbery at Ilfracombe jewellers shop
- 4 Swimbridge Christmas Arts and Crafts Fair returns for 2021
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Two burglaries in Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 7 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 8 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
Then, click on the link to the top right of this screen to enter your answer as well as your name and contact details.
TERMS: Entries must be receieved by Tuesday, June 21, when a winner will be picked at random. The usual North Devon Gazette competition rules apply and the editor’s decision is final. The prize is for two adult tickets to see Tony Christie and his Musicians at the Queen’s Theatre in Barnstaple, on Thursday, June 30, at 7.45pm and cannot be exchanged,