Win tickets to see Steve Ley play live in Bristol
One lucky reader can win a pair of tickets to see Steve Ley at St George’s in Bristol on Sunday, September 18.
The Barnstaple musician is one step closer to a dream performance at London’s O2 Arena after making it through to the regional finals of this year’s Open Mic UK contest.
Steve Ley will be performing at St George’s in Bristol on Sunday, September 18, after impressing the judging panel during his audition for the national competition which searches for the best singers, singer songwriters, rappers and vocalists in the country.
Steve, aged 25, is well known in North Devon after making it through to the boot camp stage of last year’s Ex Factor show and is a regular performer at local venues.
North Devon Gazette readers can enter our competition for the chance to get their hands on a pair of tickets to go and cheer Steve on when he battles it out with other contestants at the Bristol venue.
You may also want to watch:
If he is successful he will get a place in the national final at The O2 in London and the chance to grab a breakthrough recording contract.
Steve, who suffers from Tourette’s, impressed the judges at his audition with his own song Brave Man and they said it was: “a great song to finish the day.”
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 10 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
Now he hopes to up his game even further to make it to the final: “I am so excited, I can’t wait,” he said.
“If I make up the right song I think I might get through, but I have to do something different that hasn’t been done before, something really catchy that will get the audience going.”
“My music talks about life but I try and make it quite creative and not sound like everyone else out there.”
To see Steve at the St George’s Bristol showcase on September 18, plus some of the region’s best unsigned musical talent, visit openmicuk.co.uk for ticket information.
To enter the competition, simply answer the following question:
What is the title of the song Steve played during his Open Mic UK audition?
Then click on the link to the top right of this page to enter your answer, along with your name, address and contact details.
TERMS: Entries must be received by Wednesday, September 7, when a winner will be picked at random. The usual North Devon Gazette competition rules apply and the editor’s decision is final. The prize cannot be exchanged.