Win Christmas: Retired teacher Jenny is the lucky winner
- Credit: Archant
Christmas came early for one Barnstaple family after winning a huge festive prize with all the trimmings.
Christmas has come early for one lucky Gazette reader who has won a festive prize with all the trimmings.
Jenny Marlow, 55, from Bickington was the lucky person to be picked from more than 400 entries to our Win Christmas competition.
The mother-of-three and grandmother-of-one and her husband John Stribley picked up a fantastic array of prizes donated by local businesses.
Among them was a food hamper, toy hamper, handmade bracelet, Christmas wreath, crate of wine, and a Christmas cake.
You may also want to watch:
They also bagged a whole host of vouchers including a trip to Lundy Island, family days out, a meat hamper, a real Christmas tree, a family portrait sitting and beauty treatments.
Retired Park School teacher Jenny, who will be entertaining a houseful of guests on Christmas Day, said she was ‘over the moon’.
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
“I just couldn’t believe it when I got the phonecall,” she said.
“I entered but then completely forgot about it.
“It’s very exciting but we feel almost guilty having all of this to ourselves.
“The fact I can share it around our family and friends is lovely.”
Jenny said she would be taking her niece’s children to go and see Father Christmas and the pantomime.
You can see the North Devon Gazette’s Christmas guide by reading the e-edition here.