Win Christmas: Retired teacher Jenny is the lucky winner
- Credit: Archant
Christmas came early for one Barnstaple family after winning a huge festive prize with all the trimmings.
Christmas has come early for one lucky Gazette reader who has won a festive prize with all the trimmings.
Jenny Marlow, 55, from Bickington was the lucky person to be picked from more than 400 entries to our Win Christmas competition.
The mother-of-three and grandmother-of-one and her husband John Stribley picked up a fantastic array of prizes donated by local businesses.
Among them was a food hamper, toy hamper, handmade bracelet, Christmas wreath, crate of wine, and a Christmas cake.
You may also want to watch:
They also bagged a whole host of vouchers including a trip to Lundy Island, family days out, a meat hamper, a real Christmas tree, a family portrait sitting and beauty treatments.
Retired Park School teacher Jenny, who will be entertaining a houseful of guests on Christmas Day, said she was ‘over the moon’.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 4 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 5 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 6 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 7 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 8 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
“I just couldn’t believe it when I got the phonecall,” she said.
“I entered but then completely forgot about it.
“It’s very exciting but we feel almost guilty having all of this to ourselves.
“The fact I can share it around our family and friends is lovely.”
Jenny said she would be taking her niece’s children to go and see Father Christmas and the pantomime.
You can see the North Devon Gazette’s Christmas guide by reading the e-edition here.