Win Christmas: Retired teacher Jenny is the lucky winner
- Credit: Archant
Christmas came early for one Barnstaple family after winning a huge festive prize with all the trimmings.
Christmas has come early for one lucky Gazette reader who has won a festive prize with all the trimmings.
Jenny Marlow, 55, from Bickington was the lucky person to be picked from more than 400 entries to our Win Christmas competition.
The mother-of-three and grandmother-of-one and her husband John Stribley picked up a fantastic array of prizes donated by local businesses.
Among them was a food hamper, toy hamper, handmade bracelet, Christmas wreath, crate of wine, and a Christmas cake.
You may also want to watch:
They also bagged a whole host of vouchers including a trip to Lundy Island, family days out, a meat hamper, a real Christmas tree, a family portrait sitting and beauty treatments.
Retired Park School teacher Jenny, who will be entertaining a houseful of guests on Christmas Day, said she was ‘over the moon’.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
“I just couldn’t believe it when I got the phonecall,” she said.
“I entered but then completely forgot about it.
“It’s very exciting but we feel almost guilty having all of this to ourselves.
“The fact I can share it around our family and friends is lovely.”
Jenny said she would be taking her niece’s children to go and see Father Christmas and the pantomime.
You can see the North Devon Gazette’s Christmas guide by reading the e-edition here.