Win Christmas: Retired teacher Jenny is the lucky winner
- Credit: Archant
Christmas came early for one Barnstaple family after winning a huge festive prize with all the trimmings.
Christmas has come early for one lucky Gazette reader who has won a festive prize with all the trimmings.
Jenny Marlow, 55, from Bickington was the lucky person to be picked from more than 400 entries to our Win Christmas competition.
The mother-of-three and grandmother-of-one and her husband John Stribley picked up a fantastic array of prizes donated by local businesses.
Among them was a food hamper, toy hamper, handmade bracelet, Christmas wreath, crate of wine, and a Christmas cake.
They also bagged a whole host of vouchers including a trip to Lundy Island, family days out, a meat hamper, a real Christmas tree, a family portrait sitting and beauty treatments.
Retired Park School teacher Jenny, who will be entertaining a houseful of guests on Christmas Day, said she was ‘over the moon’.
- 1 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 2 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 3 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 4 OPINION: Support North Devon's fantastic live music venues - Andy McAuley
- 5 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 6 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 7 Police seek owner of bike found after car stolen in Barnstaple
- 8 OPINION: Channel your inner Wim Hof in Saunton this weekend
- 9 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 10 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
“I just couldn’t believe it when I got the phonecall,” she said.
“I entered but then completely forgot about it.
“It’s very exciting but we feel almost guilty having all of this to ourselves.
“The fact I can share it around our family and friends is lovely.”
Jenny said she would be taking her niece’s children to go and see Father Christmas and the pantomime.
You can see the North Devon Gazette’s Christmas guide by reading the e-edition here.