Torrington will be all lit up
Town gears up for Christmas lights switch-on this Sunday
TORRINGTON will be all lit up on Sunday when the Town Traders hold their Christmas Fair and lights switch-on.
There is an open invitation to join in an afternoon of fun leading up to the 5.15pm switch-on by Mayor of Torrington Cllr Richard Rumbold and young May Queen Molly Magorotto.
See Santa in his grotto, choose your Christmas gifts from a great selection of stalls, have fun at the funfair and join in with the entertainment.
There will be something for everyone, so don’t miss out.
You may also want to watch:
The festivities will start at 2pm with the opening of the Christmas Fair in the Pannier Market.
Then a range of colourful and musical entertainments will start at 2.30pm with the award-winning Streetz dance crew,
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
followed at 3pm by Blaze, 3.30pm Torrington Allstars Majorettes, and
4pm carol singing with the Girl Guides.
At 4.25pm comes an opportunity to stock up with Christmas goodies, with a drinks and hamper raffle, to be drawn by the mayor.
Then the music starts up again at 4.30pm with Torrington Silver Band, followed at 5pm by a parade into the Square in preparation for the lights switch-on.
The Square will be closed all day from 8am to 10pm, but motorists are invited to make use of free parking at the Sydney House Car Park.