Torrington will be all lit up
Town gears up for Christmas lights switch-on this Sunday
TORRINGTON will be all lit up on Sunday when the Town Traders hold their Christmas Fair and lights switch-on.
There is an open invitation to join in an afternoon of fun leading up to the 5.15pm switch-on by Mayor of Torrington Cllr Richard Rumbold and young May Queen Molly Magorotto.
See Santa in his grotto, choose your Christmas gifts from a great selection of stalls, have fun at the funfair and join in with the entertainment.
There will be something for everyone, so don’t miss out.
You may also want to watch:
The festivities will start at 2pm with the opening of the Christmas Fair in the Pannier Market.
Then a range of colourful and musical entertainments will start at 2.30pm with the award-winning Streetz dance crew,
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 3 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 6 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 7 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 8 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 9 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 10 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
followed at 3pm by Blaze, 3.30pm Torrington Allstars Majorettes, and
4pm carol singing with the Girl Guides.
At 4.25pm comes an opportunity to stock up with Christmas goodies, with a drinks and hamper raffle, to be drawn by the mayor.
Then the music starts up again at 4.30pm with Torrington Silver Band, followed at 5pm by a parade into the Square in preparation for the lights switch-on.
The Square will be closed all day from 8am to 10pm, but motorists are invited to make use of free parking at the Sydney House Car Park.