Star Wars and Santa at intergalactic Bideford Christmas lights switch-on
- Credit: Archant
An action-packed day of festive fun planned for Sunday, and mistletoe and magic will be in the air for late night shopping on Tuesday
Bideford will be officially turning on the Christmas cheer at its big lights switch-on event on Sunday.
Bideford’s ‘Christmas Wish’ event will start on the quay at midday and promises more fun than ever before, with the cast of Frozen, a visit from Lego Star Wars and the third Santas on the Run race.
Characters from the UK Garrison Star Wars will also be in town, along with magicians, stilt walkers, balloon modellers, carols singers and Father Christmas and his reindeer.
After the big lights switch-on at 5pm by Emily Carey, aged five, from Bideford, Father Christmas will lead his sleigh through the town before fireworks to finish off the evening.
You may also want to watch:
And Bideford shops will be open late for festive shoppers on Tuesday evening...
The Businesses of Bideford (BOB) have organised a huge array of events for their ‘Mistletoe and Magic’ late-night Christmas shopping extravaganza from 4-8pm on Tuesday night (December 8).
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 4 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 5 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 6 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 7 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 10 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
More than 150 craft stalls will be dotted throughout the town.
There will be free parking in Torridge District Council car parks from 4pm, and more than 100 businesses open in High Street, Mill Street, Pannier Market, The Quay and Jubilee Square.
From 4pm, Santa will be setting up shop in Intagr8 next to Chopes car park from 4pm, while at 8pm, Olaf from Frozen will be starting a record ‘snowball’ fight attempt.
The Minions, Peppa Pig and real donkeys will also be making an appearance and the hub stage in Mill Street will showcase local talent.