South Molton Christmas lights switch on 2018: What you need to know
- Credit: Archant
The big Christmas lights switching on ceremony and fireworks display at South Molton on Friday, November 16, promises to be as spectacular and as full of fun for the whole family as last year’s very well attended and brilliant evening.
The lights will be switched on at 6.30pm by BBC Radio Devon’s Gordon Sparks and the fantastic fireworks display starts at 7pm.
The fireworks are set to music, which this year’s theme being Disney. New for this year, Children’s Hospice South West is the named charity and will be fundraising on the night.
Starting from 5pm, there will be funfair rides inside and outside of the Pannier Market.
These include an inflatable theme park, bucking bronco and the hilarious Meltdown Wipe-out game, where up to eight competitors stand on their plinths and attempt to dodge two rotating arms.
Are you and your friends and family brave enough to have a go?
The recreational and relaxation zone at the rear of the Pannier Market will also be lit up, staffed and maintained by local volunteers.
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 3 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 7 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 8 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 9 OPINION: Give back this festive season at the Wave Project Christmas markets
- 10 Christmas lights, free parking and late night shopping in Barnstaple
With music and a choice of hot foods from local businesses, and a bar in the market, along with the fun and games, the evening promises to be a great night out for young and old alike, whatever the weather.
So come along for the evening, see how long you last on the bucking bronco, get your friends and family on Wipe-out, grab something to eat and enjoy the town’s Christmas lights and the fantastic fireworks.