Change of venue for Santas on the Run
- Credit: Archant
Santas on the Run is returning this year – but this time hundreds of Santas will be making their way around RHS Garden Rosemoor.
Instead of its former place as part of Bideford’s Christmas Light Switch On event, the run on Sunday, December 9 will see a change of venue.
Participants can choose to run, jog or walk the route whilst dressed in a red Santa suit in aid of Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW).
Jayne Jarrett, events fundraiser at CHSW said: “We are really excited about bringing Santas on the Run to RHS Garden Rosemoor this year having hosted it at Bideford Quay in previous years.
“It’s going to be quite a sight seeing so many people in the beautiful gardens all dressed in red and raising funds for charity that supports families from across Devon and beyond.”
You may also want to watch:
Money raised in sponsorship by those taking part in Santas on the Run will go towards the care and support offered to local children and families by CHSW at its three children’s hospices, including Little Bridge House in Fremington.
At Little Bridge House families can take a short break away from home to re-charge their batteries in a homely, warm and welcoming environment.
- 1 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 2 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 3 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 4 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 5 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 6 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 7 Mercy for man who took part in Bideford Quay affray
- 8 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 9 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 10 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
It allows families to take a much-needed break from the ongoing strains of caring for their children at home.
To sign up to Santas on the Run visit www.chsw.org.uk/santasrosemoor or join the Facebook event at www.facebook.com/events/286259165522937