Change of venue for Santas on the Run
- Credit: Archant
Santas on the Run is returning this year – but this time hundreds of Santas will be making their way around RHS Garden Rosemoor.
Instead of its former place as part of Bideford’s Christmas Light Switch On event, the run on Sunday, December 9 will see a change of venue.
Participants can choose to run, jog or walk the route whilst dressed in a red Santa suit in aid of Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW).
Jayne Jarrett, events fundraiser at CHSW said: “We are really excited about bringing Santas on the Run to RHS Garden Rosemoor this year having hosted it at Bideford Quay in previous years.
“It’s going to be quite a sight seeing so many people in the beautiful gardens all dressed in red and raising funds for charity that supports families from across Devon and beyond.”
You may also want to watch:
Money raised in sponsorship by those taking part in Santas on the Run will go towards the care and support offered to local children and families by CHSW at its three children’s hospices, including Little Bridge House in Fremington.
At Little Bridge House families can take a short break away from home to re-charge their batteries in a homely, warm and welcoming environment.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Covid-19 measures in Devon care homes to continue
It allows families to take a much-needed break from the ongoing strains of caring for their children at home.
To sign up to Santas on the Run visit www.chsw.org.uk/santasrosemoor or join the Facebook event at www.facebook.com/events/286259165522937