Change of venue for Santas on the Run
- Credit: Archant
Santas on the Run is returning this year – but this time hundreds of Santas will be making their way around RHS Garden Rosemoor.
Instead of its former place as part of Bideford’s Christmas Light Switch On event, the run on Sunday, December 9 will see a change of venue.
Participants can choose to run, jog or walk the route whilst dressed in a red Santa suit in aid of Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW).
Jayne Jarrett, events fundraiser at CHSW said: “We are really excited about bringing Santas on the Run to RHS Garden Rosemoor this year having hosted it at Bideford Quay in previous years.
“It’s going to be quite a sight seeing so many people in the beautiful gardens all dressed in red and raising funds for charity that supports families from across Devon and beyond.”
You may also want to watch:
Money raised in sponsorship by those taking part in Santas on the Run will go towards the care and support offered to local children and families by CHSW at its three children’s hospices, including Little Bridge House in Fremington.
At Little Bridge House families can take a short break away from home to re-charge their batteries in a homely, warm and welcoming environment.
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 4 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 9 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
It allows families to take a much-needed break from the ongoing strains of caring for their children at home.
To sign up to Santas on the Run visit www.chsw.org.uk/santasrosemoor or join the Facebook event at www.facebook.com/events/286259165522937