QUIZ: How haunted is your home?
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Do things go bump in the night? Do you hear mysterious noises? Take our fun quiz this Halloween and find out how haunted your house is.
North Devon is known for some of its spooky buildings, and now we’ve come up with a quiz to find out how haunted your house is.
Do things go bump in the night? Do you hear mysterious noises? Well now you can take our fun quiz this Halloween and find out what it’s all about.
Among North Devon’s spookier attractions is Chambercombe Manor near Ilfracombe.
The spooky hotel appeared on Living TV’s Most Haunted series.
Legend has it the haunted room adjoins what used to be the bedroom of Lady Jane Grey.
You may also want to watch:
The story goes that a tenant in 1738 was making some repairs to the room when he discovered the outline of window with no corresponding room.
The chamber was later found with the skeleton of a woman laying on the bed, spooky!
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
The Devil’s Stone pub in Shebbear is reportedly one of the most haunted pubs in the UK.
Stories surrounding the spooky 17th century former farmhouse include an elderly coachman in the restaurant area, a grumpy old man in an upstairs bedroom and a little girl who wanted to play hide and seek.
And in Westward Ho! there is Seafield House, which was sold to local businessman Rob Braddick earlier this year.
The house is known locally as the ‘haunted house’ and plenty of spooky tales surround its existence.
And if you’re looking forward to getting spooked this Halloween, make sure you pay a visit to Bideford Fire Station’s haunted house tonight.
Take the quiz above to find out how haunted your house is!