Light Up a Life Appeal 2017
- Credit: Archant
Remember a loved one this Christmas and help raise money for both North Devon hospices
Light Up a Life is a chance to remember someone you love this Christmas.
Now in its 21st year, the annual appeal raises funds for both North Devon Hospice and Children’s Hospice South West, and is run in partnership with the North Devon Gazette.
It is now a Christmas tradition in the area, with hundreds of local people making a donation in memory of someone who is no longer with us.
Your donation will help provide vital hospice care to those who need it this Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
The name of the loved one you are remembering will also appear in special books of remembrance, which are on display at a series of special Light Up a Life services held throughout North Devon in the run up to Christmas.
You are welcome to attend any of these services and light a candle in memory of someone special.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
Friday, December 1, 7pm Christ Church, Barnstaple *
Sunday, December 3, 10.30am St Mary’s Church, Appledore **
Sunday, December 3, 6.30pm Methodist Church, Combe Martin
Monday, December 4, 6.30pm St Mary Magdalene Church, Chulmleigh
Monday, December 4, 7pm Christ Church, Braunton
Tuesday, December 5, 6.30pm Methodist Church, Marwood
Wednesday, December 6, 7pm Methodist Church, South Molton
Thursday, December 7, 6.30pm St Mattew’s Church, Lee **
Thursday, December 7, 7.30pm St Nectan’s Church, Stoke **
Friday, December 8, 7pm Grosvenor Church, Barnstaple
Saturday, December 9, 7pm Methodist Church, Holsworthy
Sunday, December 10, 4pm Methodist Church, Northam *
Sunday, December 10, 6.30pm Methodist Church, Fremington
Sunday, December 10, 6.30pm St Philip & St James Church, Ilfracombe
Tuesday, December 12, 7pm St Peter & St Mary Church, Barnstaple **
Wednesday. December 13, 7pm All Hallows Church, Woolsery
Thursday. December 14, 7pm The Bethel Church, East-the-Water
Friday, December 15, 7pm Methodist Church, Torrington
Saturday, December 16, 6pm St Mary’s Church, Bideford
Friday, December 22, 6.30pm St Peter’s Church, North Tawton *
* These services are dedicated to raising awareness and support for Children’s Hospice South West only.
* * These services are dedicated to raising awareness and support for North Devon Hospice only.