North Devon deli owners’ plea: ‘Shop local this Christmas’
- Credit: Archant
The owners of two North Devon delicatessens are encouraging people to support local suppliers in the final run up to Christmas.
The owners of two North Devon delicatessens are urging people to stick with local businesses for their shopping this festive season.
Sue and Anthony Johns, of Johns of Instow and Appledore, are advocates of North Devon suppliers, with their shops bustling with everything from Instow honey to East Buckland Christmas puddings.
Sue said: “It’s nice to get a personal service when you’re doing your Christmas shopping.
“A supermarket would not go out to source a certain sort of potato for your Christmas lunch, but a local independent shop like us would.
You may also want to watch:
“And you know you’re supporting small businesses that might not be able to have their products readily available anywhere else.”
- 1 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Fashion store opened by North Devon Against Domestic Abuse
- 4 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 5 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 6 Coronavirus infection rate for North Devon is zero - no cases in a week
- 7 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 8 Have your say on the future of North Devon phone boxes
- 9 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 10 Take on an Incredible Hike for Children’s Hospice South West