Your guide to Christmas light switch on events in North Devon
- Credit: Archant
Here is everything you need to know about North Devon’s Christmas lights switch on events for 2018.
North Devon is gearing up for the festive season as Christmas lights switch on events kick off this week.
But which Christmas celebrations will you be heading out to see?
In date order, here is our handy guide to Christmas lights switch on events in North Devon...
South Molton - November 16
You may also want to watch:
Kicking off the celebrations is South Molton, with an afternoon and evening of festive delights on Thursday, November 16.
From fireworks and funfair rides to an inflatable theme park and musical entertainment, there is something for everyone.
Find out more about what is happening in South Molton here.
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
Barnstaple - November 18
Barnstaple will be hosting a festive market and celebrations on The Square for its switch on event on Sunday, November 18.
The panto cast will be on stage and there will also be the launch of our Light Up A Life campaign too.
Find out more about what is happening in Barnstaple here.
Ilfracombe - November 23
The lighting of the lights in Ilfracombe promises to be bigger than ever on Friday, November 23.
There will a community singalong, a chance to meet Santa and late night shopping too.
Find out more about what is happening in Ilfracombe here.
Torrington - December 1
Great Torrington will be hosting a Who-bilation on Saturday, December 1.
Meet the Grinch, take part in fun and games, and enjoy watching the town light up with Christmas cheer.
Find out more about what is happening in Torrington here.
Bideford - December 2
Bideford promises a truly magical afternoon and evening for the family on Sunday, December 2.
Enjoy entertainment, food and funfair rides on The Quay, as well as a reindeer parade and fireworks.
Find out more about what is happening in Bideford here.
Clovelly - December 2
The village of Clovelly will have a brass band parade and carols ahead of its lights event on Sunday, December 2.
There will also be hot drinks and a hog roast to enjoy during the post-lighting fireworks display.
Find out more about what is happening in Clovelly here.
Appledore - December 7
Finishing up the Christmas lights season, Appledore will have a whole afternoon of festive treats on Friday, December 7.
There will plenty for everyone to enjoy including meeting Santa, carol singing and crafting.
Find out more about what is happening in Appledore here.
Need more festive inspiration?
Check out all of our Christmas previews, events, photos and more here.