National Curry Week: The top five Indian restaurants in Barnstaple
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
We turned to TripAdvisor to bring you the top five favourite Indian restaurants and takeaways in Barnstaple as part of National Curry Week.
It’s National Curry Week (October 12 - 18), and what better way to celebrate than to go out for a curry tonight?
We’ve turned to TripAdvisor to bring you the top five rated Indian restaurants and takeaways in Barnstaple.
1. Everest Ghurka Chef, Maiden Street, Barnstaple
Ranked as number four out of 106 Barnstaple restaurants, the Everest Ghurka Chef is the top-rated Indian restaurant in Barnstaple. It had 144 reviews, of which 118 are excellent, and serves a mix of Indian, Asian and Nepalese cuisine.
You may also want to watch:
2. Ghurka restaurant, Market Street, Barnstaple
The second most popular Indian restaurant in Barnstaple is the Ghurka. It’s ranked as the 28th best restaurant in the town and has received more than 100 reviews for friendly staff and great food.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 4 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 5 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 6 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 7 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 8 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 9 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
3. Masala Indian Takeaway, Pilton Street, Barnstaple
The third most popular Indian eatery in the town is Masala Indian Takeaway in Pilton. It describes itself as using ‘the finest blend and fusion of spices’ and is ranked the 49th best restaurant in Barnstaple.
4. Spice of India, Bear Street, Barnstaple
The Spice of Indian is ranked as the fourth best Indian takeaway in town, and 67th best place to eat in Barnstaple out of 121 restaurants. It specialised in Indian and Thai food.
5. The Ganges, Newport Road, Barnstaple
Offering eat in and take away, The Ganges in Newport is the fifth most popular Indian takeaway and restaurant in Barnstaple. Described by one reviewer as their ‘personal favourite’ Indian restaurant in the area.
View the full top 10 Indian restaurants and takeaways in Barnstaple on TripAdvisor here.
What is your favourite? Tweet us @northdevon24 using #NationalCurryWeek and let us know.