Mistletoe and Magic in Bideford
- Credit: Archant
Don’t miss the big switch on this Sunday on the quay
Bideford will be officially turning on the Christmas cheer at its big light switch on event on Sunday.
Bideford’s Christmas Wish will kick off on Bideford Quay at midday and promises more fun than ever before with the cast of Frozen, a visit from Lego Star Wars and the third Santa’s on the Run race.
Also in town will be the UK Garrison Star Wars, as well as magicians, stilt walkers and balloon modelling, a fun fair, carols, Father Christmas and his reindeer.
After the big light switch on at 5pm by a very special guest, Father Christmas will lead his sleigh through the town before fireworks to finish off the evening.
You may also want to watch:
The full schedule for the stage on the Quay is as follows:
2:15pm Bideford Town Band
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 3 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
3pm Santas on the Run for Children’s Hospice South West
4:00pm St Mary’s School Choir
5:00pm Countdown to Christmas Lights
5:45pm Father Christmas and reindeer parade
6:45pm Firework display
Late Night Shopping
Bideford is pulling out all the stops for its late night shopping event on Tuesday of next week (December 8). The evening of Mistletoe and Magic will run from 4pm-8pm in the High Street, Mill Street, Pannier Market, The Quay and Jubilee Square.
And at the end of the evening – which promises shopping, entertainment and food aplenty – there will be world record attempt snowball fight too.
There will be more than 100 craft stalls throughout Bideford, including the Green Goose, the Secret Garden, Natures Nutrition, Bideford Pannier Market, the Conservative Club, Baptist Church and St Mary’s Church.
The Youth Centre on The Pill, Café Collective, The Arts Centre, Bideford Library, Ceciles, Gerties and The Reds will all also be hosting unique craft stalls for the perfect chance to find that special gift.
Minions will be paying a visit to Bideford Pannier Market, and there will be all sorts of entertainment, from jugglers and fire breathers, to stilt walkers and a naughty elf.
For those who want to join in there will be an outdoor mass carol service, with word sheets handed out.
And then for big finale – as there will be a five minute warning before the town takes on its world record attempt using balled up socks as snowballs.
There will also be free parking in all Torridge District Council car parks from 4pm.
The event has been jointly put on by the Businesses of Bideford, Bideford Town Council, Bideford and District Chamber of Commerce, Torridge District Council and Bideford Bridge Trust.