Lynmouth lifeboat song for Christmas No 1?
- Credit: Archant
Teenage singer’s song for new animated movie about the Louisa lifeboat launch makes its bid for festive chart success
A campaign is under way to score a Christmas number one with the new song from a film about the famous Lynmouth overland lifeboat launch.
In Your Arms, by 15-year-old singing star Eleanor Grant and written by top national composer Michael McDermott, is the song for the new animated movie Louisa.
The film is about the heroic exploits of the 1899 Lynmouth lifeboat crew, who pulled their boat 13 miles across Exmoor during a storm to launch at Porlock and save a ship.
It is expected to be released this May by Great British Entertainment Ltd, which in the meantime hopes the public will take Eleanor’s moving song to heart in time for Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
Director Simon Miller said a lot of effort had gone into the new track.
“The song itself is a daughter singing about her father, who is at sea. It’s a musical opera really, very similar to The Snowman, with no words, just music
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 8 Meet former Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo in Barnstaple
- 9 Barnstaple Waterstones to host first event since March 2020
- 10 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
“We feel if the public gets behind it there’s every chance it could do extremely well in the charts,” he added.
The full-length film is now in production and has been animated by Ken Blakey from Lynton.
Soprano Eleanor has sung on the soundtrack of films including Despicable Me and Disney’s Tinkerbell – The Great Fairy Rescue, plus she appeared in Nativity 2.
In Your Arms is now available to download from numerous sites including iTunes, Spotify and Deezer.
You can also hear the song and find out more about the movie at www.louisathemotionpicture.com