WATCH: Our reporter tests out some Strictly moves with ChaSamba Fitness North Devon
- Credit: Archant
We sent our reporter Sarah Howells to learn some Strictly Come Dancing-inspired moves with ChaSamba Fitness North Devon - watch how she got on here.
Strictly Come Dancing fever has once again hit the nation, but just how easy is it to learn the moves to impress on the dancefloor?
I’m not a natural dancer - I tend to be all limbs and no co-ordination - but I was challenged to learn some dance steps with Anthony Sawlbury of ChaSamba Fitness North Devon.
Under Anthony’s expert guidance, he showed me some basic choreography for both a cha cha and a jive, before we tested them out to music.
This was a simple routine he would use in his ChaSamba Fitness classes, which he runs in both Bideford and Barnstaple.
Anthony has been dancing for 19 years and his seamless moves and grace around the dancefloor made it look so easy.
You may also want to watch:
After showing me some of his more advanced moves, Anthony patiently taught me a simple, 20-second routine for each dance.
I found some of the steps easier than others, but he kept going over them with me and I think I almost had (most of!) them after a few attempts.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 9 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
- 10 Atlantic Academy receives breakfast boost from Kellogg’s
I was actually quite surprised at how quickly I picked up a lot of the routine, and it was a great laugh as well.
The class was really good fun and it seems Anthony’s clients, who range from ages 14 to 70, all agree too.
So if you want to work up a sweat and learn some killer moves to the throw out at the office Christmas party while having a laugh, Anthony is your guy.
ChaSamba Fitness runs on Mondays at G4 Fitness in Bideford; Tuesdays at Inspiration Fitness in Barnstaple; and Wednesdays at Petroc’s gym in Barnstaple.
To find out more about ChaSamba Fitness and to book your first class free, contact Anthony at ChaSamba Fitness North Devon on his website or on 07565 135123.
This post is brought to you in collaboration with ChaSamba Fitness North Devon.