Last call for Light Up a Life services
- Credit: Archant
Remember a loved one and help Children’s Hospice South West plus North Devon Hospice this Christmas
The final series of Light Up a Life services to raise money for the region’s two hospices take place this week.
The Christmas appeal, now in its 19th year, is run in conjunction with the North Devon Gazette and invites people to attend their local service and light a candle in memory of a loved one.
The next services are tomorrow (Sunday) at Appledore St Mary’s Church at 10am for ND Hospice), then at St Michael the Archangel, Chagford at 5pm and Combe Martin Methodist Church at 6.30pm, both the latter are for both hospices.
On Monday there is a service for ND Hospice at St Mary’s Church, Mortehoe at 6pm, then joint services at St Mary magdalene, Chulmleigh, at 6.30pm and Braunton Christ Church at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
The next services are tomorrow (Thursday) at Bethel Church, East-the-Water and Grosvenor Church in Barnstaple, both at 7pm.
Torrington Methodist Church is hosting one on Friday at 7pm and on Saturday there is a service at Bideford Pannier Market at 6pm and Holsworthy Methodist Church at 7pm.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 9 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
On Sunday Northam Methodist Church is holding a service solely for Children’s Hospice South West, but a joint service is being held at St Philip and St James Church in Ilfracombe at 6.30pm.
The final service is on Wednesday of next week (December 16) at All Hallows Church in Holsworthy at 7pm.
At a glance:
Sunday, December 6
Appledore: St Mary’s Church, 10am
Chagford: St Michael the Archangel, 5pm
Combe Martin: Methodist Church, 6.30pm
Monday, December 7
Mortehoe: St Mary’s Church, 6pm (for ND Hospice)
Chulmleigh: St Mary Magdalene, 6.30pm
Braunton: Christ Church, 7pm.
Thursday, December 10
East-the-Water: The Bethel, 7pm
Barnstaple: Grosvenor Church, 7pm.
Friday, December 11
Torrington: Methodist Church, 7pm
Saturday, December 12
Bideford: Pannier Market, 6pm
Holsworthy: Methodist Church, 7pm
Sunday, December 13
Northam: Methodist Church, 4pm (for CHSW)
Ilfracombe: St Philip and St James, 6.30pm
Wednesday, December 16
Woolsery: All Hallows Church, 7pm