Ilfracombe’s Combe Christmas Weekend 2019 is set to shine
- Credit: Tim Lamerton
Volunteers have already been hard at work setting up to ensure an extra-sparkly Combe Christmas Weekend in Ilfracombe.
It all kicks off on Friday, November 29 with the annual switch-on that will see thousands of people gather at the war memorial for the lighting of the lights from 6pm.
There will be a children's lantern parade, entertainment, street performers and Father Christmas, before the big switch on at 7pm, followed by a parade to the High Street where there will be more to see, entertainment, stalls, food and late night shopping.
The road will be closed from 5pm from the war memorial to the end of the High Street.
The voluntary Combe Christmas Committee has changed the format slightly his year, with Saturday, November 30 given over to a dedicated Christmas artisan market at the Ropery Road car park by the harbour.
You may also want to watch:
It runs from 10am to 4pm and there will be plenty of quality stalls to pick up some unique gifts and you can also enjoy food stalls, live music, bouncy castles and a visit from Santa too.
On the Sunday there will be a Combe Christmas Community Day from 11am to 5.30pm with lots of community stalls, kids entertainment, music from Ilfracombe's young musicians and choirs, Santa in his grotto, food stalls and the much loved community Carol Service; so plenty to do on both days.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 6 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 7 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 8 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 9 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 10 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford