Ilfracombe’s Combe Christmas Weekend 2019 is set to shine
- Credit: Tim Lamerton
Volunteers have already been hard at work setting up to ensure an extra-sparkly Combe Christmas Weekend in Ilfracombe.
It all kicks off on Friday, November 29 with the annual switch-on that will see thousands of people gather at the war memorial for the lighting of the lights from 6pm.
There will be a children's lantern parade, entertainment, street performers and Father Christmas, before the big switch on at 7pm, followed by a parade to the High Street where there will be more to see, entertainment, stalls, food and late night shopping.
The road will be closed from 5pm from the war memorial to the end of the High Street.
The voluntary Combe Christmas Committee has changed the format slightly his year, with Saturday, November 30 given over to a dedicated Christmas artisan market at the Ropery Road car park by the harbour.
You may also want to watch:
It runs from 10am to 4pm and there will be plenty of quality stalls to pick up some unique gifts and you can also enjoy food stalls, live music, bouncy castles and a visit from Santa too.
On the Sunday there will be a Combe Christmas Community Day from 11am to 5.30pm with lots of community stalls, kids entertainment, music from Ilfracombe's young musicians and choirs, Santa in his grotto, food stalls and the much loved community Carol Service; so plenty to do on both days.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 7 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 8 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 9 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 10 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale