Hospice toy run in Bideford will help fund Sam’s new wheelchair
- Credit: Archant
Bikers are getting ready to take on the annual Christmas toy run to Little Bridge House on Sunday, November 29.
Generous bikers are once again getting ready to deliver gifts and festive cheer to Little Bridge House this month.
The organisers of Bideford Bike Show have rallied together to put on the toy run, to Children’s Hospice South West.
They are hoping to get as many bikers together as possible to put on a ‘show stopping’ event.
And all money raised from the minimum £1 entry donation will go towards the upkeep of a new wheelchair for a Beaford youngster.
Sam Williams, 15, has cerebral palsy, and this year a fundraising appeal has reached £3583 to buy him a new fully supportive seating system to enable him to enjoy the region’s beaches.
His mum Esther said: “Bideford Bike Club had offered to donate any money raised from the upcoming santa run for Sam before we recently reached our target.
- 1 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 2 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 3 Council forms group to tackle North Devon housing crisis
- 4 Holsworthy link mental health centre looks set to close permanently
- 5 New recycled plastic tables installed at Victoria Park
- 6 Loud music man fined after breaching official order
- 7 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 8 Heddon Valley crowned top of winter walks table
- 9 RGB's North Devon branches helping others this Christmas
- 10 North Devon MP encourages community to go 'one step greener'
“They have kindly agreed to continue to give any money donated to Sam’s fundraising account so we can repair the powered wheelbase extension on the chair as it has become seized.”
The toy run will meet at the King’s Arms on Sunday, November 29, Bideford Quay at 10am to leave at 10.30am, all are welcome to join in or watch.