Festive fun for Torrington Christmas 2019
- Credit: Sarah Howells
There will be traditional tidings and plenty of festive cheer in Torrington as the town gears up for Christmas.
The town's Christmas lights will get their big switch on for Saturday, November 30.*
Mayor of Torrrington Keely Allin will be switching on the lights during a special carol service in the town's square, which takes place from 5.30pm to 6.30pm.
There's plenty more going on in and around the town in the run up to Christmas.
A swarm of Santas will be running around RHS Rosemoor for Santas on the Run on Sunday, December 8.
You may also want to watch:
Rosemoor will also be welcoming Father Christmas, ably assisted by his elves and Jack Frost for some festive story telling and theatre from December 21-24.
Those who want to burn some energy to make room for some extra mince pies can take part in the Torrington Christmas Caper on December 22.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 4 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
The nine-mile trail run is a challenge full of mud, forest trails, rivers and hills, but there's Christmas pudding for all who finish.
* Please note: Our Christmas magazine carried a typo saying the lights switch on was in December, for which we apologise. The correct date should have been November 30.