Festive fun for Torrington Christmas 2019
- Credit: Sarah Howells
There will be traditional tidings and plenty of festive cheer in Torrington as the town gears up for Christmas.
The town's Christmas lights will get their big switch on for Saturday, November 30.*
Mayor of Torrrington Keely Allin will be switching on the lights during a special carol service in the town's square, which takes place from 5.30pm to 6.30pm.
There's plenty more going on in and around the town in the run up to Christmas.
A swarm of Santas will be running around RHS Rosemoor for Santas on the Run on Sunday, December 8.
You may also want to watch:
Rosemoor will also be welcoming Father Christmas, ably assisted by his elves and Jack Frost for some festive story telling and theatre from December 21-24.
Those who want to burn some energy to make room for some extra mince pies can take part in the Torrington Christmas Caper on December 22.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 10 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
The nine-mile trail run is a challenge full of mud, forest trails, rivers and hills, but there's Christmas pudding for all who finish.
* Please note: Our Christmas magazine carried a typo saying the lights switch on was in December, for which we apologise. The correct date should have been November 30.