Festive fun for Torrington Christmas 2019
- Credit: Sarah Howells
There will be traditional tidings and plenty of festive cheer in Torrington as the town gears up for Christmas.
The town's Christmas lights will get their big switch on for Saturday, November 30.*
Mayor of Torrrington Keely Allin will be switching on the lights during a special carol service in the town's square, which takes place from 5.30pm to 6.30pm.
There's plenty more going on in and around the town in the run up to Christmas.
A swarm of Santas will be running around RHS Rosemoor for Santas on the Run on Sunday, December 8.
You may also want to watch:
Rosemoor will also be welcoming Father Christmas, ably assisted by his elves and Jack Frost for some festive story telling and theatre from December 21-24.
Those who want to burn some energy to make room for some extra mince pies can take part in the Torrington Christmas Caper on December 22.
- 1 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 4 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 7 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
The nine-mile trail run is a challenge full of mud, forest trails, rivers and hills, but there's Christmas pudding for all who finish.
* Please note: Our Christmas magazine carried a typo saying the lights switch on was in December, for which we apologise. The correct date should have been November 30.