Five chocolate experiences in North Devon for National Chocolate Week
- Credit: Archant
If you’re a chocoholic, here are five chocolate experiences in North Devon you need to try, as part of National Chocolate Week.
Chocolate fans delight – it’s the most wonderful time of year, because National Chocolate Week (October 12-18) is here!
Whether you’re a chocoholic or just like the odd taste of the good stuff, there are plenty of ways to celebrate it in North Devon.
We take a look at the top chocolate experiences in North Devon:
Kennedys Appledore Chocolate Shop
You may also want to watch:
Situated in the quaint fishing town of Appledore, Kennedys opened in September 2009 and has been keeping chocolate fans happy ever since. It’s well stocked with handmade chocolates, novelty items, gifts, ice creams and more.
The Chocolate Teapot, Bideford
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
From chocolate brownies and cupcakes to decadent cakes and their ultimate hot chocolate, this coffee shop is definitely one for chocoholics. Try their ultimate hot chocolate – a mug of steaming milk with your own chocolate drops, fudge, salted caramel and marshmallows to construct a masterpiece.
Caprine Capers, St Giles, Torrington
Love chocolate but can’t have cows milk? Fear not, the award-winning Caprine Capers, based near Torrington, can cater for you chocolate needs. From truffles to fondants, their treats are made using goat’s milk, and you can find them at many different markets and delis in North Devon.
Melchior Chocolates, South Molton
Located in South Molton, Carlo Melchior has been creating artisan chocolates for more than 25 years, which are stocked in Fortnum and Mason. Visit the factory for bespoke chocolates and even have a go at their workshops.
Walkers Chocolate Emporium, Ilfracombe
Yes, that’s right, a whole museum dedicated to chocolate! Visit this chocolate emporium in Ilfracombe High Street to find a whole wealth of treats. And if you’re a chocolate superfan, you can even buy it – it’s currently up for sale.
Did you know this week is also National Curry Week? Take a look at the top five rated Indian restaurants in Barnstaple here.
Tweet us your favourite chocolate experiences in North Devon at @northdevon24 using #NationalChocolateWeek