Easter Events in North Devon: Blakewell Trout Farm
- Credit: Archant
Sit back and sample a cream tea after a busy day fishing at Blakewell this Easter.
If there is a best-kept secret location in North Devon that is peaceful, picturesque and with something the whole family can enjoy, then it has to be Blakewell Trout Farm near Barnstaple.
Just off the main road from Muddiford on the approach to Barnstaple, the delights of Blakewell are well hidden until the visitor turns off the beaten track and discovers, nestled in the valley, a tranquil water-dappled landscape of ponds, lakes and a waterside tea room.
Entry is completely free and everyone is welcome to call in seven days of the week to look around and discover Blakewell.
The fish farm has a great deal to offer, and not only for the dedicated game angler – feed the ever-hungry trout and find out how they are reared, catch your supper in the family fishing pond or simply enjoy a stunning place to walk and relax.
You may also want to watch:
Then sit back and sample a coffee or a Devonshire cream tea in the café or choose the outside gazebo alongside the fish ponds and admire the view.
It’s the perfect place to while away a couple of hours, so if you’re popping out for a coffee or are looking for somewhere to amuse the kids this Easter, then Blakewell should be on the list of opportunities for the whole family.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 3 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 4 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 5 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 8 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 9 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 10 New food delivery service launched in Barnstaple
The farm shop is about quality fresh and smoked trout and it couldn’t possibly be any fresher. In fact, come along, tell us the size and number of trout you would like and we will harvest and prepare them for you fresh from our ponds.
Anyone seeking something to do this Easter is invited to discover somewhere new and get hooked on the hidden gem that is Blakewell.
Blakewell is open seven days a week, 9am – 5pm. Visit blakewell.co.uk to find out more, or call 01271 344533.