CHRISTMAS IN TORRINGTON: Torrington plans community Christmas fair for light switch on
- Credit: Archant
Find out what’s happening in Torrington for the Christmas light switch on this month.
Torrington is gearing up for its community Christmas fayre on Sunday, November 29.
From midday until 6pm there will be all sorts of festive entertainment, thanks to Great Torrington Chamber of Trade.
At 5pm the town will light up, with mayor Cathrine Simmons turning on the Christmas lights.
Throughout the afternoon there will be performances Great Torrington Silver Band, Streetz, Torrington Police Amateur Boxing Club, Arts Wave, Devon, Great Torrington School and Great Torrington Bluecoat Primary School.
You may also want to watch:
The Pannier Market will host a festive food and craft market, which will over fill into the main town square where you also also find Father Christmas in his grotto, a bouncy castle and ball pit, and the fabulously merry Rodeo Reindeer. This wonderful entertainment is suitable for the younger and older alike.
This year Torrington is also thrilled to welcome Mike’s Donkeys. The donkeys will be dressed with Santa hats and ready for donkey rides, before they escort the carol singers to the Christmas tree in time for theswitch on.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 7 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
With plenty of stalls including a hog roast and mince pies, it’s going to be a great Christmas in Great Torrington.