CHRISTMAS IN TORRINGTON: Torrington plans community Christmas fair for light switch on
- Credit: Archant
Find out what’s happening in Torrington for the Christmas light switch on this month.
Torrington is gearing up for its community Christmas fayre on Sunday, November 29.
From midday until 6pm there will be all sorts of festive entertainment, thanks to Great Torrington Chamber of Trade.
At 5pm the town will light up, with mayor Cathrine Simmons turning on the Christmas lights.
Throughout the afternoon there will be performances Great Torrington Silver Band, Streetz, Torrington Police Amateur Boxing Club, Arts Wave, Devon, Great Torrington School and Great Torrington Bluecoat Primary School.
The Pannier Market will host a festive food and craft market, which will over fill into the main town square where you also also find Father Christmas in his grotto, a bouncy castle and ball pit, and the fabulously merry Rodeo Reindeer. This wonderful entertainment is suitable for the younger and older alike.
This year Torrington is also thrilled to welcome Mike’s Donkeys. The donkeys will be dressed with Santa hats and ready for donkey rides, before they escort the carol singers to the Christmas tree in time for theswitch on.
- 1 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 2 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 3 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 4 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 5 Specialist fire crews rescue horse trapped in ditch
- 6 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 7 North Devon Weekend Football Results
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 Refresh your New Year’s wardrobe by donating unwanted clothes for a good cause
- 10 Together we can look forward to 2022
With plenty of stalls including a hog roast and mince pies, it’s going to be a great Christmas in Great Torrington.