CHRISTMAS IN TORRINGTON: Torrington plans community Christmas fair for light switch on
- Credit: Archant
Find out what’s happening in Torrington for the Christmas light switch on this month.
Torrington is gearing up for its community Christmas fayre on Sunday, November 29.
From midday until 6pm there will be all sorts of festive entertainment, thanks to Great Torrington Chamber of Trade.
At 5pm the town will light up, with mayor Cathrine Simmons turning on the Christmas lights.
Throughout the afternoon there will be performances Great Torrington Silver Band, Streetz, Torrington Police Amateur Boxing Club, Arts Wave, Devon, Great Torrington School and Great Torrington Bluecoat Primary School.
You may also want to watch:
The Pannier Market will host a festive food and craft market, which will over fill into the main town square where you also also find Father Christmas in his grotto, a bouncy castle and ball pit, and the fabulously merry Rodeo Reindeer. This wonderful entertainment is suitable for the younger and older alike.
This year Torrington is also thrilled to welcome Mike’s Donkeys. The donkeys will be dressed with Santa hats and ready for donkey rides, before they escort the carol singers to the Christmas tree in time for theswitch on.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 3 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 4 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 5 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 6 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 7 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 8 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
With plenty of stalls including a hog roast and mince pies, it’s going to be a great Christmas in Great Torrington.