CHRISTMAS IN TORRINGTON: Torrington plans community Christmas fair for light switch on
- Credit: Archant
Find out what’s happening in Torrington for the Christmas light switch on this month.
Torrington is gearing up for its community Christmas fayre on Sunday, November 29.
From midday until 6pm there will be all sorts of festive entertainment, thanks to Great Torrington Chamber of Trade.
At 5pm the town will light up, with mayor Cathrine Simmons turning on the Christmas lights.
Throughout the afternoon there will be performances Great Torrington Silver Band, Streetz, Torrington Police Amateur Boxing Club, Arts Wave, Devon, Great Torrington School and Great Torrington Bluecoat Primary School.
You may also want to watch:
The Pannier Market will host a festive food and craft market, which will over fill into the main town square where you also also find Father Christmas in his grotto, a bouncy castle and ball pit, and the fabulously merry Rodeo Reindeer. This wonderful entertainment is suitable for the younger and older alike.
This year Torrington is also thrilled to welcome Mike’s Donkeys. The donkeys will be dressed with Santa hats and ready for donkey rides, before they escort the carol singers to the Christmas tree in time for theswitch on.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 9 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
With plenty of stalls including a hog roast and mince pies, it’s going to be a great Christmas in Great Torrington.