CHRISTMAS IN SOUTH MOLTON: Simon Bates to turn on South Molton Christmas lights
- Credit: Archant
BBC Radio Devon will be broadcasting live from the South Molton Christmas light switch on.
South Molton will be hosting its first ever official Christmas Lights Switch On event on Friday, November 27 – and it promises a fantastic family time.
Join BBC Radio Devon on the Square from 5pm for an evening of festive fun.
Host Matt Woodley will be broadcasting his drivetime show live from the town, and there will be plenty of giveaways during the event as well as interviews with well-known local people.
At around 6pm the town band will be playing festive music in the Square, ready for the big switch-on at 6.15pm by former Radio 1 DJ Simon Bates, North Devon MP Peter Heaton-Jones and the mayor, Dave Goodman.
After the switch-on everyone will then move to the central car park to watch the fantastic fireworks display at 7pm. The pannier market will also house a festive gift fair until 9pm, and there is even a rumour that Father Christmas may make an appearance on the night.
- 1 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 2 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 3 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 4 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 5 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 6 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 7 Young carols singers do families proud on festive charity mission
- 8 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 9 Specialist fire crews rescue horse trapped in ditch
- 10 North Devon Weekend Football Results