CHRISTMAS IN SOUTH MOLTON: Simon Bates to turn on South Molton Christmas lights
- Credit: Archant
BBC Radio Devon will be broadcasting live from the South Molton Christmas light switch on.
South Molton will be hosting its first ever official Christmas Lights Switch On event on Friday, November 27 – and it promises a fantastic family time.
Join BBC Radio Devon on the Square from 5pm for an evening of festive fun.
Host Matt Woodley will be broadcasting his drivetime show live from the town, and there will be plenty of giveaways during the event as well as interviews with well-known local people.
At around 6pm the town band will be playing festive music in the Square, ready for the big switch-on at 6.15pm by former Radio 1 DJ Simon Bates, North Devon MP Peter Heaton-Jones and the mayor, Dave Goodman.
You may also want to watch:
After the switch-on everyone will then move to the central car park to watch the fantastic fireworks display at 7pm. The pannier market will also house a festive gift fair until 9pm, and there is even a rumour that Father Christmas may make an appearance on the night.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 3 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 4 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 5 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 6 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 7 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 8 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 9 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 10 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon