Braunton gearing up for North Devon Christmas Market
- Credit: Archant
Christmas in Braunton runs like clockwork these days following the arrival of the annual North Devon Christmas Market.
Thousands of people now attend the huge festive market hosted by Ginger Monkey events, and, this year, it will take place on Saturday, December 7.
As with last year, it will run from noon until 8pm in the Caen Street car park, with the extended hours offering visitors the opportunity to enjoy the crowds but not the crush.
There will be more than 130 stalls featuring the very best of local crafts, jewellery and foods.
Plus, there will be bars and a range of street foods to choose from.
All the village shops will be open on the day, too, and parking will be available at Tesco and the other village car parks.
There will also be children's activities, fairground rides and live entertainment on the day.
- 1 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 2 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 3 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 4 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 5 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 6 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 7 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 8 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 9 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 10 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
Everyone in the village is also invited to the annual Community Carol Service on Friday, December 13, outside the Countryside Centre from 6.30pm, with Santa in attendance, too.
In fact, Santa has a busy season in Braunton, as the Santa Sleigh tours of the community organised by Braunton Caen Rotary take to the streets again.
Over the course of two weeks from December 9 until December 20, Santa's Sleigh along with his helpers will be visiting all the corners of the parish.