Bideford plans day of festive fun for Christmas light switch on
- Credit: Graham Hobbs
There will be a whole day of festive fun in Bideford for the big light switch on this year.
Sunday, December 2 is the date to stick in the diary for the lighting up of the town.
The celebrations will kick off at noon and continue through until 7pm, with the big switch on itself at 5pm.
On the quayside will be Phil Vanstone’s children’s fairground rides, as well as a whole host of food and drink stalls.
Entertainers will also be walking around the Quay, with balloon modelling, facepainting and stilt-walkers.
You may also want to watch:
Dreckly the Dragon will be entertaining crowds as he parades up and down the Quay as well.
And on the main stage on the Quay will be live music and performances from local choirs and bands.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
Take a trip up to the pannier market, where you’ll have a chance to meet and greet some friendly alpacas and visit Santa in his grotto.
At 5pm crowds will gather on the Quay to watch the town light up with Christmas cheer.
Then between 5-5.30pm Santa will then tour around the town with his reindeers, as he travels along Mill Street.
This will be followed with a fantastic firework display at 6.45pm to see the evening to a close with a bang.
The whole thing has been organised by South West Event Management Solutions.