Bideford plans day of festive fun for Christmas light switch on
- Credit: Graham Hobbs
There will be a whole day of festive fun in Bideford for the big light switch on this year.
Sunday, December 2 is the date to stick in the diary for the lighting up of the town.
The celebrations will kick off at noon and continue through until 7pm, with the big switch on itself at 5pm.
On the quayside will be Phil Vanstone’s children’s fairground rides, as well as a whole host of food and drink stalls.
Entertainers will also be walking around the Quay, with balloon modelling, facepainting and stilt-walkers.
You may also want to watch:
Dreckly the Dragon will be entertaining crowds as he parades up and down the Quay as well.
And on the main stage on the Quay will be live music and performances from local choirs and bands.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online
Take a trip up to the pannier market, where you’ll have a chance to meet and greet some friendly alpacas and visit Santa in his grotto.
At 5pm crowds will gather on the Quay to watch the town light up with Christmas cheer.
Then between 5-5.30pm Santa will then tour around the town with his reindeers, as he travels along Mill Street.
This will be followed with a fantastic firework display at 6.45pm to see the evening to a close with a bang.
The whole thing has been organised by South West Event Management Solutions.