Bideford plans day of festive fun for Christmas light switch on
- Credit: Graham Hobbs
There will be a whole day of festive fun in Bideford for the big light switch on this year.
Sunday, December 2 is the date to stick in the diary for the lighting up of the town.
The celebrations will kick off at noon and continue through until 7pm, with the big switch on itself at 5pm.
On the quayside will be Phil Vanstone’s children’s fairground rides, as well as a whole host of food and drink stalls.
Entertainers will also be walking around the Quay, with balloon modelling, facepainting and stilt-walkers.
You may also want to watch:
Dreckly the Dragon will be entertaining crowds as he parades up and down the Quay as well.
And on the main stage on the Quay will be live music and performances from local choirs and bands.
- 1 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities
- 10 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
Take a trip up to the pannier market, where you’ll have a chance to meet and greet some friendly alpacas and visit Santa in his grotto.
At 5pm crowds will gather on the Quay to watch the town light up with Christmas cheer.
Then between 5-5.30pm Santa will then tour around the town with his reindeers, as he travels along Mill Street.
This will be followed with a fantastic firework display at 6.45pm to see the evening to a close with a bang.
The whole thing has been organised by South West Event Management Solutions.