Barnstaple to host Denny’s Memorial Bike Show this weekend
- Credit: Archant
There’s a brand new bike show coming to Barnstaple this weekend - and organisers are calling on North Devon bikers to make it the biggest and best ever.
Bikers from far and wide are being called upon to make a brand new bike show in Barnstaple the best ever.
Denny’s Memorial Bike Show takes place on Sunday, April 23, outside Tooters Diner in Barnstaple, in memory of well-loved biker Dennis Pilon.
The day before Dennis’s birthday, his daughters Sharon Neve and Elaine Geraghty hope hundreds of bikers will turn out in his honour.
They will be able to display their bikes and trikes for a £3 donation to charity, from noon-5pm, and compete for Denny’s Memorial Trophy.
You may also want to watch:
In September, hundreds of bikers brought Barnstaple to a standstill for Dennis’s funeral, and Sharon said the support had been ‘overwhelming’.
She said: “We are hoping for it to be an annual event so we’re having a Denny’s Memorial Trophy made with bits of his spare bike parts/tools, etc.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 4 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 7 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 8 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 9 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
“He would always say, ‘I’ll make that for you,’ and often made things for us out of the bits and bobs he had lying around – so we thought this was a suitable tribute.”
Sharon said she hopes the show will outgrow the venue and become an annual event.
Visitors will be able to listen to music from The 5:15, with John B also on the decks throughout the afternoon.
There will be a display from Devon Freewheelers, as well as various stalls and of course, food and drink from Tooters, who are now famous for the freakshakes.
There will also be a charity raffle, and all proceeds from the event will be donated to Over and Above.
Sharon added: “The support from the biking community has just been incredible.
“We are still overwhelmed by how many people turned out to dad’s funeral and we really hope as many people as possible will come to this memorial show.”
The show will be at Tooters Diner in Jewsons car park, Seven Brethren. Find the Denny’s Memorial Bike Show event on Facebook.