Barnstaple ready for festive lights switch-on
- Credit: Archant
Barnstaple will be celebrating its big Christmas lights switch-on event on Sunday.
BRIT Award-winning act Blake will push the big red button, lighting up the town with festive cheer, and playing a short, festive set.
A line-up of local talent will be performing from 2pm onwards, with Blake taking time out from their concert of Christmas Classics at the Queen’s Theatre to switch on the lights at 6pm.
Barnstaple Youth Choir will be on stage at 2pm; Stagecoach Theatre Arts at 2.30pm; Andrew Vanstone at 3.15pm; Yazzy at 4pm; Beach Talk: Jim Heard at 5pm; Blake at 6pm; and One Man Boycott at 6.15pm - 7pm.
Matthew Brend, chairman of Barnstaple Town Centre Management, said: “The lights switch-on always signals the start of Christmas in Barnstaple, with late-night shopping, Christmas fayres and other great events in the town in the run-up to the big day.”
You may also want to watch:
There will be some road closures in place during the switch on: Taw Vale, Boutport Street, Belle Meadow and the Longbridge will be closed to vehicles between 1-9pm.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 5 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 8 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 9 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 10 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners