New three day Christmas Fayre to be held in Barnstaple
- Credit: Archant
A brand new three day Christmas Fayre is being brought to the Square and The Strand in Barnstaple this December.
The team behind the popular North Devon Christmas Market in Braunton have created a new festive event in conjunction with Barnstaple Town Centre Management and sponsored by Bond Oxborough Phillips Barnstaple.
The feast of festive food, stalls and entertainment will be held from Thursday to Saturday, December 13-15.
There will be up to local arts and crafts 60 stalls packed with Christmas gift ideas plus several street food vendors, real ales and mulled wine.
Organiser Neil Hampson of Ginger Monkey Events said there had been great interest in attracting the Braunton market to Barnstaple – but while he wasn’t willing to do that, he was happy to arrange for a new event in the town.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “This first year we are hoping it will be well attended and then we can build on that.
“To my knowledge there hasn’t been a specific outdoor Christmas event like this in Barnstaple, so we want to bring the outdoor Christmas shopping experience to the town and create a fantastic festive atmosphere.”
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 3 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 9 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes