New three day Christmas Fayre to be held in Barnstaple
- Credit: Archant
A brand new three day Christmas Fayre is being brought to the Square and The Strand in Barnstaple this December.
The team behind the popular North Devon Christmas Market in Braunton have created a new festive event in conjunction with Barnstaple Town Centre Management and sponsored by Bond Oxborough Phillips Barnstaple.
The feast of festive food, stalls and entertainment will be held from Thursday to Saturday, December 13-15.
There will be up to local arts and crafts 60 stalls packed with Christmas gift ideas plus several street food vendors, real ales and mulled wine.
Organiser Neil Hampson of Ginger Monkey Events said there had been great interest in attracting the Braunton market to Barnstaple – but while he wasn’t willing to do that, he was happy to arrange for a new event in the town.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “This first year we are hoping it will be well attended and then we can build on that.
“To my knowledge there hasn’t been a specific outdoor Christmas event like this in Barnstaple, so we want to bring the outdoor Christmas shopping experience to the town and create a fantastic festive atmosphere.”
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 4 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone