New three day Christmas Fayre to be held in Barnstaple
- Credit: Archant
A brand new three day Christmas Fayre is being brought to the Square and The Strand in Barnstaple this December.
The team behind the popular North Devon Christmas Market in Braunton have created a new festive event in conjunction with Barnstaple Town Centre Management and sponsored by Bond Oxborough Phillips Barnstaple.
The feast of festive food, stalls and entertainment will be held from Thursday to Saturday, December 13-15.
There will be up to local arts and crafts 60 stalls packed with Christmas gift ideas plus several street food vendors, real ales and mulled wine.
Organiser Neil Hampson of Ginger Monkey Events said there had been great interest in attracting the Braunton market to Barnstaple – but while he wasn’t willing to do that, he was happy to arrange for a new event in the town.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “This first year we are hoping it will be well attended and then we can build on that.
“To my knowledge there hasn’t been a specific outdoor Christmas event like this in Barnstaple, so we want to bring the outdoor Christmas shopping experience to the town and create a fantastic festive atmosphere.”
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 3 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 7 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 8 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 9 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage
- 10 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021