The things to do in North Devon you simply cannot miss, from Hocking’s ice cream and meeting Verity to sailing to Lundy and hitting the waves. Where will you start?
Whether you're on a family holiday, a couple's retreat or an adrenaline-fuelled adventure, there's countless things to do in North Devon.
Here's an 'at a glance' guide to 20 things you simply cannot miss when in North Devon…
1. Have a proper Devonshire cream tea - warm scones slathered with thick clotted cream, with a good dollop of fruity jam on top. Heaven on a plate.
2. Get in the water. Try out surfing on one of North Devon's finest beaches or have a go at the slightly more serene stand up paddleboarding (SUP).
3. Take the ferry from Appledore to Instow at high tide in the evening and take in the picturesque views from a different angle.
4. When in North Devon, the only way is Hocking's! Look out for one of the famous vans around the region and enjoy with clotted cream and a flake.
5. Say hello to Verity, Ilfracombe's bronze lady on the pier, gifted to the town by world-famous artist Damien Hirst. Love her or hate her, she's worth a look.
6. Walk down the ancient cobbled streets of Clovelly and feel like you're in a completely different world in this gorgeous fishing village.
7. Transport yourself to another world at the Milky Way Adventure Park. This alien world will see you take on daring rides and the clone zone - if you dare.
8. Watch the skilled craftsmen at Dartington Crystal conjure up magical creations and even have a go at blowing glass yourself.
9. Take in the astounding North Devon coastline by walking sections of the South West Coastal Path across cliffs, seaside towns and beaches.
10. Drive down the winding, tree-lined road to Bucks Mills to reveal a picturesque bay, hidden away from the hustle and bustle.
11. Get close to the adorable lambs at the BIG Sheep in Abbotsham and even have a go at feeding them - a great one for the kids.
12. Take a trip to Lundy Island - North Devon's remote paradise. Enjoy the bobbing waters on the Oldenburg, or fly over in style by helicopter.
13. Hire a kayak at Combe Martin and see if you're lucky enough to catch a glimpse of the friendly resident dolphin, nick-named Dave by locals.
14. Get a buzz by visiting Quince Honey Farm. You'll have an un-bee-lievable time and pick up some deliciously sweet souvenirs.
15. Walk the grounds and gardens of the beautiful Hartland Abbey, built in 1159 with sweeping views and a tantalising history.
16. Pop into Barnstaple Pannier Market or Ilfracombe seafront and try some of the infamous Roly's fudge - you haven't tried anything like it.
17. Step back into the land of the dinosaurs at Combe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur Park. Cuddle with the meerkats, but watch out for the T-Rex!
18. Walk one of the many footpaths in the unique Braunton Burrows, a UNESCO World Biosphere reserve which will simply take your breath away.
19. Enjoy a cold cider at one of North Devon's traditional pubs. Sip in the sunshine in a beer garden, or cosy in front of an open fire if the weather turns.
20. Bring a taste of North Devon home by visiting one of the many farmers' markets for tasty, fresh local produce and gifts.