11 gluten free places to eat in North Devon
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Are you on a gluten free diet? Here are 11 places to eat in North Devon when you’re on a gluten free diet.
More and more people are becoming intolerant to gluten nowadays – so where do you go to eat in North Devon if you’re gluten free?
As part of Coeliac Awareness Week (May 11-17, 2015), with the charity Coeliac UK, we’re helping to raise awareness of gluten free hotspots in North Devon.
Here’s our pick of 11 of the best gluten free places to eat in North Devon…
1. The Pier House, Westward Ho!
You may also want to watch:
Plenty of gluten free options, including carvery with gluten free gravy, overlooking the seaside vistas of the Atlantic Ocean
2. Cafecinos, Barnstaple Pannier Market
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 7 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 8 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
From gluten free breakfasts to sandwiches, cakes and irresistible brownies, Cafecinos offers plenty of options for coeliacs.
3. Fremington Quay, Fremington
Situated with delightful views of the Taw and Torridge Estuary, Fremington Quay offers gluten free sandwiches, cakes, cream teas and more.
4. Starfish fish and chips, Barnstaple
Starfish on the Square in Barnstaple offers gluten free fish and chips every day of the week – a luxury for coeliacs.
5. Lilico’s, Barnstaple
Freshly made tapas – with most things on the menu gluten free, including gluten free pitta breads and ciabattas.
6. Henry’s Café, Barnstaple
With a full gluten free menu, Henry’s in Joy Street has a solid understanding of gluten free food, and plenty of delicious treats.
7. Gerties Café, Bideford
A café offering a selection of cakes and light lunches, with many gluten free options to choose from and delicious, fresh coffee.
8. GJ’s Pancake Bar, Woolacombe
Making gluten free pancakes to order, visiting GJ’s means you won’t miss out on a mix of sweet and savoury delights.
9. The Custom House, Barnstaple
Gluten free burgers are not a problem here, with burger buns for everyone – and the brownie for dessert makes an opulent treat.
10. Tea on the Green, Westward Ho!
Towering cakes packed with temptation, you’d never know many of the sparkling and decadent delights are in fact gluten free.
11. Pilton Fryer, Barnstaple
Fresh gluten free fish and chips available every Monday evening.