10 dog friendly pubs and cafés in North Devon
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Find the perfect dog friendly pub or café for you in North Devon and Torridge...
Whether you’re looking to enjoy coffee, a spot of lunch, or even a pint, sometimes it’s nice to be able to take your four-legged friend with you.
More and more places are becoming dog-friendly in North Devon – and we’ve sussed out some of the best for you.
Here’s our pick of 10 dog friendly pubs and cafés in North Devon.
The Castle Inn, Blakes Hill Road, Landkey
You may also want to watch:
A friendly local pub serving food and Sunday roasts. Dogs are welcome in the bar area and parts of the restaurant – they may even be given some treats too.
Lemon Next to the Pie, Holland Walk, Barnstaple
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 3 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
A coffee shops serving food, cakes, and light lunches. Dogs are welcome both upstairs and downstairs.
The London Inn, Caen Street, Braunton
Well behaved dogs are always welcome – the pub serves food and has live music in the evenings. There is a small beer garden out the back too.
The Thatched Inn, Abbotsham, Bideford
Dogs are welcome at the Thatched Inn in both the bar area and in the sunny beer garden. Food served all day.
The Seagate, The Quay, Appledore
Muddy boots and dirty paws are at home here, with dogs allowed in the bar as well as all of the bedrooms.
The Wayfarer Inn, Lane End, Instow
Branded ‘child and dog friendly’ the Wayfarer has a bar, restaurant, and dog-friendly rooms with beautiful sea views.
Boston Tea Party, Barnstaple
The coffee shop serving breakfasts, lunches, cakes and coffees has plenty of seating inside and out, with dogs welcome at all times.
The Cranford Inn, St Giles in the Wood, Torrington
A character, country pub selling traditional food and Sunday roasts – dogs are made to feel more than welcome in the bar.
The Thatch, Hobbs Hill, Croyde
Set in the seaside surf haven of Croyde, the Thatch has a sizeable beer garden and cosy seating inside, with dogs welcome.
Ye Olde Globe, Berrynarbor, Ilfracombe
A dog friendly, 17th century country pub with log fires in the winter, and good quality, locally-sourced meat and fish on the menu.