Landlord raised the alarm after hearing crackling in pub chimney
FIREFIGHTERS were called to put out a chimney fire at a Molland pub in the early hours of Monday morning.
London Inn landlord Martin Pateman said he alerted the emergency services after hearing crackling in the top of the chimney shortly before 1am.
â€œIt was only a small fire and thankfully didnâ€™t do any major damage,â€ he said.
â€œThe fire had almost put itself out by the time the fire crew arrived but they were very good and very efficient.â€
The crew from South Molton used a thermal imaging camera and chimney gear to ensure the fire was extinguished.
North Devon Gazette Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.