A young woman who believes her drink was spiked in Barnstaple is calling on people to be more aware on nights out. Steph Tomlin, from Barnstaple, blacked out during a night out and had to be carried unconscious from a bar. The 21-year-old said she doesnt remember anything from that night, and had to be sent home sick from work the following day as she was still out of it. The experience has left her scared to go out in town and now she is hoping to spread the message that people should always watch their drinks. She said: I have been drunk on nights out before but I only had three drinks that night because I knew I had work the next day. I just completely blacked out; it was like I had no control of my body, and my friends had to put me in the recovery position to stop me choking on my own sick. Luckily, they got me home safely, but I dont remember anything; I wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy. Following her experience, Steph contacted the police and also put a post on Facebook warning people of the dangers of drink spiking. It has since been shared nearly 200 times and Steph said she was surprised how many people responded saying they had been through something similar. I know I was a bit naïve before. I always thought about watching my drink, but its easy to be distracted and put it down for just a second, she said. I just hope that this can make people think and prevent it happening to someone else. Police sector inspector for Barnstaple, Shaun Kenneally, said it was vital that incidents are reported to the police. Insp Kenneally said: We dont get many occasions where it gets reported, but it does happen. People need to be vigilant when theyre out and its important that you dont leave your drink unattended, and look after each other if youre in a group. If somebody has had their drink spiked with a date rape drug, or tablet, we would expect them to speak to the police. If you believe your drink has been spiked, you can contact police by calling 101 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.