GAS was discovered at a home in Braunton yesterday (Wednesday) after it triggered a carbon monoxide alarm.
A Fire crew from Braunton plus a crew and the gas detector from Barnstaple were called out to the domestic property in Abbotts Hill just after 7pm.
Fire fighters discovered a low gas reading on the first floor, ventilating the area and isolating the gas supply.
A representative from British Gas was called in to attend and advice provided by a Hazardous Materials and Environmental Protection Officer.
The fire service said the occupiers had all been out of the property when crews arrived.
Carbon monoxide is known as â€œthe silent killerâ€ and to find out more about fitting detectors in your home, or for any fire safety advice, contact (01392) 872288 or visit www.dsfire.gov.uk.
North Devon Gazette Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.