Gas scare at Bideford home

Joseph Bulmer

Carbon monoxide leak triggers alarm at terraced house.

TRACE readings of carbon monoxide triggered an alarm at a home in Bideford yesterday afternoon (Sunday).

Two fire appliances from the town and the gas detector from Barnstaple were called to the incident in Brecon Close, East-the-Water at around 2pm.

Crews used breathing apparatus to enter the terraced home and surveyed the property using a gas analyser. They advised the occupant to arrange for a gas engineer to attend.

News