Could you give a cat a home in 2016?
- Credit: Archant
Barnstaple and District Cats Protection has plenty of homeless felines that need your help
Barnstaple and District Cats Protection works all year around to find loving homes for unwanted or stray cats.
Cats Protection also has a branch covering Bideford and Holsworthy, but there is no rehoming centre in North Devon.
Instead, dedicated fosterers look after lost, sick or abandoned cats and kittens until they are ready to go to a new home.
In 2015, a total of 202 cats were found new homes in North Devon, while 600 were neutered and micro-chipped to help prevent the spread of unwanted and lost animals.
You may also want to watch:
The Barnstaple branch currently has around 13 active fosterers, including Nick and Carol Ward, who offered their services back in the summer.
“Up to now we’ve nursed back to health a cat suffering from cat flu, undernourishment and a flea allergy – a loving home was found for her,” said Nick.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 3 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 4 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 5 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 6 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
“We had three lovely kittens to look after – one of which has been homed, while the other two were moved to another fosterer when we went on holiday.
“Our current ‘inmate’ – at least that’s how he probably sees it – is a former stray.”
All cats that come in are health checked, neutered if necessary, and micro-chipped.
Those on low incomes can be helped to have their cat neutered and micro-chipped by the charity through its ‘Snip & Chip’ scheme.
The cats on this page all need new homes, including Ginge, who is the longest staying resident after 160 days.
To offer a cat a home, find out more about Barnstaple Cats Protection or how to get involved, call 03453 714203 or visit http://barnstaple.cats.org.uk