Woman taken to hospital for suspected carbon monoxide poisoning

14:46 28 February 2014

Archant

Fire fighters rescued the woman who was suffering from dizziness and headaches in Clovelly.

A WOMAN was taken to hospital this morning (Thurs) after a carbon monoxide alarm began sounding in her house.

Three fire engines from Hartland and Bideford along with the gas monitor from Bude were scrambled to reports by paramedics in Clovelly High Street.

The woman, who was suffering from headaches and dizziness, was rescued from the property by fire fighters wearing breathing apparatus.

She was taken to hospital and it was confirmed carbon monoxide was present in the house.

0 comments

Other News Stories

Yesterday, 13:18
Barnstaple's Anchorwood Bank development begins to take shape. Picture: Austin Wallas

Parts of Barnstaple’s riverfront are set to be opened up to the public for the first time in centuries – as huge progress is made on the town’s Anchorwood Bank development.

Read more
Yesterday, 14:21
Former classmates of Barnstaple Girls' Grammar School got together for a joint 70th birthday reunion in Barnstaple on Saturday. Picture: Andy Keeble

Former pupils from all over the world back in town after half a century to share memories of school days – including brown knickers!

Read more
Yesterday, 13:38
How the extension to Atlantic Village is proposed to look.

Bideford shopping centre has applied for extension of time for plans to almost double in size.

Read more
Yesterday, 12:15

Police asking for people to come forward after alleged attack on Sunday evening

Read more
Yesterday, 10:35
There was a great turnout for South Molton Community College's 2015 prom

Around 100 now-former Year 11 pupils celebrated the end of their GCSEs at the South Molton Community College prom.

Read more
Yesterday, 10:24
Philip Milton, owner of the White Hart in Bratton Fleming. Picture: Andy Keeble

Local businessman Philip Milton to present ‘schematic ideas’ to villagers next month.

Read more
Yesterday, 09:25

Fire fighters called out to Bideford home in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday) after chip pan caught fire.

Read more
Yesterday, 09:06

Police appeal for witnesses to assault where two young men on bicycles knocked disabled teenager off her bike and kicked her.

Read more
Yesterday, 08:57
Jellyfish on Putsborough. Pic by @redwoodsurfshop

‘Invasion’ on North Devon shores as moon jellyfish and barrel jellyfish bloom. We asked the Marine Conservation Scoiety why...

Read more
Yesterday, 07:55
Should parking in Bideford be free?

Bideford and District Chamber of Commerce is looking to tackle ‘real issue’ of parking in the town.

Read more

Local Weather

Sunny

Sunny

max temp: 20°C

min temp: 10°C

Most Read News

Great British Life


Great British Life

Advertise in the paper
Submit a Story
Subscribe to the paper
Competitions
North Devon Football League
Order Photos
Family notices
iwitness24
Facebook
Twitter
Google Plus Page
Reader Travel

Family Notices 24

Digital Edition

Image
Read the North Devon Gazette e-edition today E-edition



North Devon's trusted business finder