Woman and dog escape fire at house in South Molton

12:21 31 December 2012

�

Archant

The pair escaped through a first flood window before the fire service arrived to tackle the blaze.

A WOMAN and her dog were rescued from a house in South Molton on Sunday morning when a fire broke out in the living room.

Two fire engines from Barnstaple and South Molton attended the scene around 7.15am in East Street.

The woman and dog had been rescued from the first floor window of the house before the fire crews arrived using a ladder.

The fire, involving the contents of a fireplace, was caused accidentally but left the living room severely damaged by smoke.

A spokesman said there were no smoke detectors in the property.

0 comments

Other News Stories

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Several witnesses called police to report incident.

Read more
Friday, January 23, 2015
Petroc principal David Dodd will retire this summer.

He will step down in the summer after nine years in charge.

Read more
Friday, January 23, 2015

57-year-old Mike Rowley died after a collision with a lorry

Read more
Friday, January 23, 2015
Inspector Richard Pryce, Devon and Cornwall Police’s roads policing professional lead. Picture: Submitted

More drivers breathalysed, but fewer tested positive during Christmas crackdown.

Read more

Local Weather

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 8°C

min temp: 2°C

Most Read News

Advertise in the paper
Submit a Story
Subscribe to the paper
Competitions
North Devon Football League
Order Photos
Family notices
iwitness24
Facebook
Twitter
Google Plus Page
Family Notices 24

Digital Edition

Image
Read the North Devon Gazette e-edition today E-edition

North Devon's trusted business finder