Woman and dog escape fire at house in South Molton
PUBLISHED: 12:21 31 December 2012
The pair escaped through a first flood window before the fire service arrived to tackle the blaze.
A WOMAN and her dog were rescued from a house in South Molton on Sunday morning when a fire broke out in the living room.
Two fire engines from Barnstaple and South Molton attended the scene around 7.15am in East Street.
The woman and dog had been rescued from the first floor window of the house before the fire crews arrived using a ladder.
The fire, involving the contents of a fireplace, was caused accidentally but left the living room severely damaged by smoke.
A spokesman said there were no smoke detectors in the property.