Washing machine fire in Torrington
09:54 22 April 2014
Three fire crews scrambled to the scene on Sunday afternoon.
A washing machine issuing smoke sparked a callout for fire crews from Torrington and Bideford on Sunday afternoon.
Crews arrived in Trafalgar Drive in Torrington at around 4.45pm to find smoke issuing from the back of the machine in the kitchen.
Fire fighters removed the washing machine into the open air and extinguished the flames using a hose reel jet, making the appliance safe.
The cause of the fire was deemed to be accidental.